Tear-Free Goodbyes-Kids Kingdom Learning Centre TIPS
First day at school and separation anxiety sums up to be the hardest moment for parents and children. At our nursery we follow the following steps to ensure a smooth transition:
- Orientation: Our learning centre has an orientation day before the start of the academic term. It is the best time for the teacher to get to know your child. Talk to the teachers and ensure you trust them to take care of your child.
- A known object from home: The first week as we call the settling week in our kindergarten can be full of smiles and tears. Parents can bring any stuffed animal, blanket, special doll, car, etc. to keep in their child’s cubby in case they need comforting. It shouldn't be their favorite one, though; as there is no guarantee it will come back in single piece.
- Do not forget your goodbyes: Never ever sneak out without saying goodbye to your child. As when it's time to go, make sure to say goodbye to your child. As tempting as it may be, leaving without making the eye contact and saying goodbye to your child risks her trust in you.
- Leave promptly as you say goodbye: A long goodbye scene would only serve a child's emotion that preschool is a bad place.
- Don't Wander: It will only become harder if you stay longer. Say “see you later!” and let your child know that you'll be there to pick them up
- Create your own routine: Creating your own goodbye routine lets your child smooth into the daily transitioning of home to school.
- Familiarize the other kids' names: When you can call your child's peers by name ("Look, Ali, there is a space at the construction table with Aya and Halima"), it makes the learning centre more safe and familiar.
Kids Kingdom Learning Centre IMPZ/JLT is a KHDA approved centre,10 minutes from JVT/JVC and Sports City. Please feel free to contact us for more information.